Yea, yea, I know. Where the heck have I been? I can give you quite a few excuses but that's all they are--excuses. Between all the writing I do for work and the letter writing I do, I sometimes run out of "steam" for putting words down. This seems to happen whenever I think, Tami, update your blog . . . .
February has gone by in a flash. Here are some of the highlights.
(1) I found out that I apparently had a stroke of my eye muscle in my right eye, leading to many of the vision problems I have had for the past few years. I have new glasses, plus a computer vision exercise program to help correct it. The fact that it is my second type of stroke (the first being in my ear three years ago) is a tad unsettling.
(2) Nicole's rehearsals continue and she is really getting into her role. She has gotten some great compliments on her progress and we can't wait to see her on opening night Of course, by now, the entire family knows her lines as well as she does from helping her practice.
(3) We went on a temporary fast--six days of juice and water and then segued into Atkins. So far, the family has lost about 45 or 50 lbs. between all of us.
(4) Nicole, Coryn and I went to see "Forbidden Broadway" and what great fun it was. We laughed and laughed. We also have tickets to "Lion King" in July and are trying to get discounted tickets to "Cats" in March.
(5) Work continues to flow in at a good pace and it seems like it will be a decent year for us. I am not sure if we will be able to swing a summer vacation, but we are hoping, hoping, hoping. We all miss road tripping desperately. We need rest parks, little towns, KOA Campgrounds and the ocean. I sure hope we can fit something in, mid July to mid August.
(6) March is shaping up to be a very busy month. Nicole has her play. Joseph is going to take a body shop class. Caspian and Nicole are both going to Habitat for Humanity throughout the month. Yes, we are but here to drive people to our children from place to another.
(7) I have done virtually no reading lately. In fact, in the entire month of February, the only book I read was called Thereby Hangs the Tail. I am currently reading Angels of Destruction and it is absolutely entrancing. It is by the same author as The Stolen Child.
So that's it. See why I haven't posted? Just not much new happening around here. If life picks up, I will be back with more to say. Sheesh, What kind of writer am I?