Followers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Catching Up

So much for new year's resolutions. I haven't kept up a journal and I haven't kept up the blog. For shame, Tami. Sheesh.

I have a partial excuse. My carpal tunnel has flared up pretty badly in recent weeks such that the minute I am done working, I get off the keyboard or otherwise amputation begins looking mighty attractive. I wear an arm brace to bed, do some icing and heating of it and my chiro hubby works on it, so I'm hoping that, between all of those treatments, it will eventually improve.

Other news on the Orr horizon . . . . getting new glasses this week and have high, high hopes that they will help with the immense eye fatigue the long days bring me. Work is keeping me mighty busy, for which I am grateful, but it is also tiring. All children are well and good. Nicole and Jon recently celebrated a year together and went tubing at Mt. Hood to celebrate the day. Nicole has been cast in a community theatre play so we've been practicing lines with her in preparation. Once rehearsals begin, we will also be driving, driving and driving. Boys are great. Caspian is working at Habitat for Humanity two to three times a week and seems to thrive on it.

On a personal front, I've been writing letters voraciously. I continue to write articles wherever I can advocating the beaty of snail mail. For the latest, check out the Jan/Feb issue of Home Education magazine. I've done a little reading and highly recommend two very diverse novels: The Child Thief by Brom (an adult fantasy novel about the Peter Pan legend) and A Reliable Wife by Robert Goodrick (an old fashioned Victorian/gothic mystery novel).

See why I haven't posted much lately? I just don't have too much to report. Okay, no excuses, right? I will try to check back more often. Feel free to nag me if you see fit to do so. however.

1 comment:

GinaG said...

Have you tried DragonSpeak or any of the other voice software? My husband's friend with carpal tunnel recently started using it.