Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Glad NOT to be Psychic

Ever wanted to be able to tell what is going to happen in the future? I think we all have, but this time around, I am so glad I couldn't. I'm not sure I could have coped knowing what was ahead.

The pain I was feeling when I last posted was bad. I had no idea how bad it could get. Until this morning (Thursday), I was completely unable to walk. UNABLE.  Gout spread throughout my foot and ankle and into my shin. It was like wearing a sock that broke your bones and set them on fire. Air blowing past hurt. I could not touch the foot. No covers could touch it. I had to keep it elevated at all times.

Trying to do ANYTHING on one foot--considering I was recovering from back surgery--was so hard, it was nigh impossible. Joseph had to wheel me to the bathroom and then I had to HOP and fall down on the toilet to pee. I was constantly on verge of throwing up from the pain levels. It was the worst pain of my lifetime. I had to use my arms and one leg (the BAD one, of course) to move at all. I started carrying a fever of 100 to 101 degrees. Honestly, at one point, I just cried and wanted to give up.I swore a lot. I held onto Joseph a lot. I took my meds and I took pain pills, which made me nauseous but I didn't want to eat. It was bad, people, really bad. It made the surgery recovery feel like a hangnail, honestly.

Today I am walking again, although slowly with two canes. The ankle feels like it is severely sprained, but at least the bones aren't grinding together. I'm so damn tired though. My muscles hurt because of how hard I used them. (TRY getting up and down with ONE foot. I'm astonished at how much we need TWO.) I've slept on the couch for two nights because the stairs were impossible. One night I crawled up them on my hands and knees--did you know that hurts your knees? I gave up after that.

Nowhere to go but up now, right? I've put in my pain dues for the next few years. Right? I guess if I was psychic, I would know the answer to that. eh? :)

No comments: