Followers

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Taking it Slow

Three days ago, I had my gallbladder removed. It was done pretty quickly and efficiently. While the doctor was okay, I felt like I was just a number to him. . . you know, gallbladder #3,845 for the month. Anyway, I'm home now and trying to adjust to this pain. It's more than I had anticipated, honestly, and I have had a few moments of wanting to just sit down and cry for a little bit, but I haven't given in to it. I have two kids with colds, plus a husband who I am sure is tired of playing the role of caregiver this year. He has had to do it far more than his contract stipulates. :) So I try to smile and slurp down another pain pill.  I sit on the couch, even when it gets really, really old to do so. And I read books and write letters and rest. And I try hard to ignore how much this one hurts.

I am sure I've met my pain quota for the year, right?

2 comments:

Ami said...

I know that doctor. Well, maybe not THAT one, but I've met his doppleganger.

Rest. Rest some more.
And no more stuff going wrong, okay?
Your warranty is officially expired and this shit's getting old.

Sylvie said...

I never had gallbladder surgery but I know people who did and they all said the same thing: pain! Hang in there and hope you feel better soon!