Followers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Major Brownie Points

For Mother's Day this year, my husband gave me a gift that shocked the crap out of me. I had no clue about this one, unusual in and of itself. He handed me a set of drumsticks. Along with them came a gift certificate for a one hour drum lesson.

Why, you ask?

Because this sweet, senstive, darling man remembered me telling him about how when I was a little girl, I wanted to become a drummer. My neighbor was learning to play drums and I wanted to too. My mom (and as a mother, I can relate to this) said no. While I would say no to save my hearing and sanity, my mom said no simply because girls didn't play drums. (Not long after this, Karen Carpenter came on the scene and I felt vindicated!) I told Joseph that I still loved drum solos and wondered what it would have been like to play.

And THAT is why he gave me a lesson.

He listened. He remembered. Isn't that amazing? If I didn't already love him, I would have fallen in love all over again today.

Now I have to get up the nerve to go in for the lesson. I figure I will feel like an idiot, but I can bet I will be a grinning idiot.

And one lucky wife.

No comments: