Followers

Monday, December 22, 2008

One Must Maintain a Sense of Humor

Karma is obviously not working for me.
I have, however, rediscovered the value of a sense of humor.
As I mentioned in previous entries, money has been tight. I had several checks coming that, through multiple complicated errors, didn't come.
And didn't come.
Christmas keeps getting closer and they didn't come.
So, finally, I got emails telling me the checks would be here TODAY.
All day, we watched for the mailmen's white truck.
We kept watching.
Guess what? So much for that "Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor gloom of night" stuff.
NO MAIL SERVICE TODAY. Apparently, the city is under a state of emergency and the postal system shut down.
See the irony?
So, we keep waiting.
I think my kids are getting IOUs for Christmas. Can you believe it? I am SO lucky that they are being understanding about it all.
. . . I have my list ready the moment I can go but between the lack of mail/money and not being able to get out of the driveway to shop even if I had gotten money and had been able to get to the bank and deposit it, I have nothing. Not one single present.
I am refusing to get down about it though.
Instead, we are all banding together to laugh about it and realize that we will remember this Christmas for years to come . We can pretend we are the Whos down in Whoville and hold hands and sing and hope that the Karma Grinch's heart grows and brings us what we need AFTER Christmas. Heck, that's when the sales are anyway, right?

2 comments:

Ami said...

I'll be listening for your song on Christmas morning.

Unknown said...

Many blessings to you and yours this Christmas. Sometimes the lack of presents clears the way for more blessings. Maybe each coming up with homemade presents-writings or drawings for each individual. I am sure you have all this covered. Your family is so creative. But I'm not sure you should spoil it by presents afterward.

Love to you and yours!!
Gary, Bev and Marc