Followers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

TRYING to leave . . . . .

It is 6:30 a.m. We had planned on being the road about 90 minutes ago. We got up at 4:15 in order to do so. But . . . we're still here. Did you know it takes a LOT of stuff for five people to go camping for 2 weeks? By the time you put in tents, coolers, stove, lanterns, tarps, mattresses, bedding, clothes, dishes . . . . it takes up a LOT of space. We filled the trailer up to the brim, shocking and disappointing my husband no end who pictured it holding everything and having room to spare. That segued into putting the luggage carrier on top of the van . . . an arduous and time consuming project. Now we are repacking and Nicole and I are trying hard to keep the mood light and happy but it ain't easy, folks.
So, two hours later, we're still here. The sun is coming up. Nerves are a tad frayed. But I keep reassuring myself that this just means we will appreciate the relaxation of vacation even more, right?
Remember the two things I had hoped would not happen when Joseph and I snuck away for the weekend a few posts ago? I am fervently hoping they do not happen on this trip either. Cross your fingers for me.
I hope to check email from the road and if possible, I will post from there as well. If not, then I will catch you all up when we get back around the 24th or so.
Of course . . . . . first we have to LEAVE.
Eventually.

No comments: