Followers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Inching toward Recovery

I am feeling a lot like an inchworm these days. 
Inch by inch by inch I am moving toward health. Progress is being made, but damn, it is slow. 
What isn't slow? 
WORK and TIME.
New projects coming in fast and furious and I simply don't have enough hours in the day--especially hours where I don't feel like I am seriously sick--to keep up with deadlines. I have been apologizing left and right for missed deadlines and have even told some editors that I just can NOT do it. 
And time? 
Man, just last week I had 100 days before Nicole was leaving. 
Now I have less than 60 hours. It has gone too fast. Each minute becomes precious and none of them are ones that I want to spend writing test questions but instead sitting on the couch holding the hand of my dearest friend before I can no longer do so. 
Today we went on our last Goodwill run together. In the evening, we went to a play, and then over to VooDoo Donuts for a late night treat. Soon, we will go to bed and spend eight hours in sleep. If I could find a way not to do that, I would, but I am finding that cheating sleep only ends up making those inches toward recovery far slower than usual. 
Still coughing. Eyes still coated in gunk. Still exhausted by end of day. And still, time marches on, no matter how I beg it not to. 
Inchworm, inchworm. 

No comments: