Followers

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Resisting Reality

I have had a little extra time off lately, thanks to the holidays, and I have to say, I have loved every minute of it. In fact, it has really spoiled me. I have been getting up in the morning and instead of thinking of my to do list, and what assignment is due--or overdue--I think about where to go for coffee, or what book to read, or which letters I will answer next. I admit returning to reality is proving difficult. I had a 90 minute conference call this morning and have another tomorrow morning and I had to push hard to make myself DO it. Methinks too much time off is not a good thing for me--I will run with it and become a Work Rebel . . .  refusing jobs in one powerful leap, fighting off vengeful assignments, and annihilating opportunities with a single blow. Snicker. Yea, right.

So, I will adapt myself to working again soon and meet those deadlines. And check off assignments. And take new jobs. And apply for more. But . . . I may just milk these last few hours as much as possible before it's back to business as usual.

Spoiled. Yup.


2 comments:

Medical Librarian said...

I understand what you mean. I decided I could easily get used to three-day weeks at work. Sigh. I wish that could be my new, regular reality--all with the same pay I have now, of course!

Unknown said...

Gretings, my busy friend,
I finally made it to your blog! Good thing you told me this morning about he 350 books; otherwise would have gotten the vapors (at least)when I read it here. Every day I am more impressed...by your stamina among many other things, especially, WHO you are. Kudos, my prolific pal. What a great gift you are.
Kathy