Followers

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Not Sleeping, Just Sighing

It's almost 7 a.m. and I have been up all night. Still not sleepy, so thought I would take a moment to blog.
Gosh, that is a less than creative introduction . . . .but after no sleep, my creativity seems to be either on pause or dormant. At least some part of me is resting.
Why am I not sleeping (see, I knew you'd ask)? I went to bed at 11:30 and read for 30 minutes. Turned off the light. Cuddled under blankets. Since Coryn is sick, we had the dog instead of him. I drifted off to sleep . . sort of . . but then the dog started snoring.
Sigh.
I'm a very auditory person and snoring is probably the fastest way to banish sleep for me. I kick the dog just enough to waken her but not hurt her. She stops. I close my eyes and start to drift off and then she starts up again.
Sigh.
This went on from midnight until almost 2. Then I just gave up and came downstairs. Put some quiet music on, Threw a pillow and blanket on the couch, and quickly realized that my brain thought I was up.
Sigh.
Sat and read for an hour. Finally turned off the light, laid down, closed my eyes. Slept for 30 minutes when Joseph came down to check on where I was. That woke me.
Sigh.
So we chatted for a few. I was selfishly needing sympathy. Just some aw damn, honey. That sucks. Come back to bed and we can turn on the radio/move the dog/figure out a way but . . nope. So he went back to bed and I sat at the computer and wrote an assignment that is due Monday.
Sigh.
But hey, that's one less thing to do later today, right? You know . . when it is the middle of the afternoon and no amount of coffee keeps my eyes open any longer?
Sigh.

No comments: