Followers

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Insomnia . . Yuck!

This afternoon, I was falling asleep at my desk, barely able to keep eyes open. Joseph was struggling as well, so we curled up on the couch together and took a very delicious nap together. Almost 90 minutes snuggled up under a blanket. Lovely.

The problem, however, is that when I crawled into bed tonight, I was ridiculously wide awake. After lying there for more than an hour, I got up and am back downstairs, trying to decide what to do until I get sleepy. If I work, my brain speeds up too much and I end up just more awake than I was! I think I will end up reading on the couch and waiting for those eyelids to get heavy.

Why can't I be THIS wide awake in the middle of the afternoon? I need someone to reset my circadian clock or something. Last night I fell asleep at 11, trying to read. Tonight it is almost 2 a.m. and wide awake. Last night, Joseph woke up at 4 a.m. and came back to bed at 5. Each time he gets up, I wake up. I know some couples get separate beds as they get older, and I cannot imagine that. One of my very favorite moments of the day is crawling into bed with him at night in the darkness. We snuggle and talk and connect and drift off to sleep. Sure, our sleeping issues might mean we impact the other's sleep, but that sacrifice is well worth the time spent together in the darkness. Sleeping alone? Couldn't imagine it. YUCK. Give me skin--I'll sacrifice some sleep for it.

Back to counting sheep.

No comments: