Followers

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Well. That wasn't what I had planned.

This will be short because it is hard for me to concentrate right now. Wanted people to know on Thursday afternoon I had a grand mal seizure, complete with chomping on my tongue and losing consciousness. It terrified my poor husband (I was too out of it to know). I missed the arrival of the firetruck and ambulance and the ride to the hospital. I was completely confused when I woke up.

Two days later, I am still far from myself. I am in a lot of pain, both from the seizure and the fall, plus biting my tongue to badly. I  even have the gout back which seems extra unkind. I am home however, and learning to give myself insulin injections and try and figure out what caused the seizure (I vote too much work!). I hurt from head to toe and cannot think clearly. Typing is a slowwww process.

I plan to be back to speed soon. Zipppp, there I go. Send love. Always appreciated.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're better, Tami. Thanks for writing and letting everyone know. Best wishes for a smooth recovery.
Ellen

Ami said...

Please don't push yourself too hard. Yes, I know. But deadlines. But this. But that.

But you need to take care of YOU.

Sending love as I always do.

KonaTammy said...

Ditto what Ami said.

Jackie said...

Just sending hugs and healing thoughts your way. Ditto what the other ones said. You can't get ANY work done if you're sick, so s l o w down and get the rest your body and mind obviously need. Please. And thank you. {{{hugs}}}

Derrick said...

get better Tam. Sending you something on Monday.D

Tracy said...

Tami, so sorry to hear about what happened to you. Take very good care of yourself. Extra extra pampering!

Jacki said...

Oh, man... Add my name to the thoughts you've received from the other posters. You REALLY need to take care. Deadlines are supposed to pertain to work, not life. So take good care, I send my love, and if you guys need anything, send me a note. And you have all my prayers and good energy!

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

(((Hugs))) Really, really, gentle hugs!

You have been on my mind and in my thoughts and prayers daily, even though I haven't gotten online to let you know before now.

Please, please take care of yourself!