Followers

Monday, April 14, 2014

I Appear to have a broken . . . thermostat.

If I was a car, it would be a fairly simple fix. I appear to have broken thermostat and it's making my life somewhat difficult.

Two years ago, when I went through menopause, I had night sweats. They were unpleasant, for sure, but I made it through them, almost willing to put up with them for the bliss of never having another period.

Now, in the last few months, I am having hot flashes again--not just at night, but during the day. Even worse, they alternate with intense freezing spells. I am so cold, it's like I can't get warm. Today, I had four blankets, a husband, a dog, and two hot packs and I was still so cold, I didn't want to move. No, no fever. No anemia. Just so damn cold. Then, in less than a full second, I can be swept over by another hot flash. Grrrrrrrrr.

This does not for a good night's sleep make, believe me. On a good night, it happens to me twice. On a bad one, five or six.

So, if you're out and about and you happen along a new human thermostat, could you pick one up for me? I'd be really grateful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They never tell you about the cold flashes, do they? I had NO idea there was such a thing until I experienced them myself, and even then it took a while to connect them with menopause. Hormones really do wonders. I tried doing without, but I'd like to retain my sanity (and REM sleep) for a few more years.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about having your thyroid function checked?

Bev said...

Hang in there, Sweetie. From one who has come out the other end. There is an end. :D But I remember thinking, when will this end??

Love you!
Bev