Followers

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I Have Enough Character, Right?

Woke this morning to blinding pain in my right ankle.

REALLY? REALLY! Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Red? Swollen? No. But it feels like I took a huge fall and really sprained it. (Maybe I am channeling Joseph . . . he fell last night and really banged up his shin. Sympathetic pain?) I can barely walk on it and it was the GOOD LEG. So now I am hobbling around the house with a cane, swearing nonstop as I do, and vacillating between crying because it really, really hurts and laughing because this is just so STUPID.

Honestly, I have enough character now. I don't need to be tested any more. I have survived four gout attacks, a grand mal seizure, four, yes, FOUR episodes of kidney stones--I think that is enough to prove I'm tough.

I'm considering becoming a grizzley bear and going into a cave and hibernating. I will grab a few books, my slippers, some coconut water, and I'm good. I shall emerge in the spring, thinner, rested, and ready to take on the world.

1 comment:

Ami said...

If the hibernation thing works out, let me know, I will do it, too.

I'm so sorry all this shit is happening to you. It's sooo not fair.
:(