Followers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Tough Day

Today has truly tested me.
First of all, it reached 106 degrees according to our car thermometer and while I really like summer weather, that is just a bit much for me. I could tell it was getting to all of us because we were snappy with each other and that is rare.
Second of all, we are still dead broke and I hate, hate, hate being broke.
Third, several months ago, I splurged and bought three tickets to "Phantom of the Opera". We have counted the days and woke up this morning saying TODAY is the DAY.
At 6, I went to look at the tickets to see if the show started at 7 or 8. Apparently, I bought tickets to the matinee, which started at 2. We missed the show.
Well, let's just say, I cried so hard, I scared the crap out of my family. They were all loving and forgiving but it is going to take a while before I forgive me. I was looking forward to that more than I can tell you and I am just heartbroken to have missed it. In more "plush" days, I would just go online and order three more tickets and go in the next day or so, but that just isn't possible right now.
Then, to top it all off, as we sat in an air conditioned bookstore, reading and trying to stay cool for a while, Nicole got called in for a night time search and rescue. We actually tried to get her out of it because we didn't want her to leave and because we are concerned about her being out in this intense heat, but in the end, she had to go. She will be gone all night and I will worry about her hiking in the darkness and then hiking in the heat.
Too much on my shoulders right now. Anyone wanna borrow some of it for a while?

No comments: