Followers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Somewhere in my Youth or Childhood . .. .

Remember that romantic part in "The Sound of Music" where Maria and . . . the Captain . . however you spell his name (Christopher Plummer in real life) are dancing in the gazebo . . . and they are singing the lines, "So somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good"? (And if you haven't seen the movie, shame on you. Go rent it, watch it and then come back here. We'll wait.)

Ok, now everyone is up to speed. I keep thinking about that scene because I have come to the conclusion that somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something really rotten and it has taken all these years to catch up to me.

In other words?
WE ARE STILL SICK.
Worse than that . . . when you think you are getting over it (cue "Jaws" music . . . .and if you haven't seen that one either, we can wait for you to run to the video store.) . . IT COMES BACK. Coryn has relapsed once and yesterday, I began feeling much worse and tonight, I have spent most of the night keenly aware that I have lost the ability to kagel. (If you don't know what that word means, go look it up but be careful. It can lead you some pretty bizarre places.) All I do is cough, cough, cough. My throat is swollen, my chest hurts (a BIG problem for me if you know me at all), it hurts to swallow and I keep having to change underwear.

Mama ain't a happy camper.
Amidst this, I wrote a 10,000 word book. I sent it in at 11:30 last night and then collapsed on the couch. I slept about 3 hours before coughing woke me up. And here I am, pre-dawn unable to sleep.

So I don't know what I did that was so rotten in my youth or childhood. I have actually been blaming Nicole for this because JUST before this happened, she had smugly stated how great it was to be part of a family that virtually never got sick. Apparently, this was a red flag to Karma.

We beg forgiveness, O Universe. We are humbled before you. We will never brag about our health again if you will only restore it before we decide life isn't worth it anymore.

Give the Orrs a chance to "do something good" again. We beg you.

No comments: