Yesterday was a . . . tough day. We dealt with an . . . organization, shall we say? . . . that was rude enough and unpleasant enough that I heard my husband YELL for the first time in . . . 20 years? He just doesn't do that. Half a dozen phone calls, and lots of tears (on my part) later, the situation is resolved, but not in the way we had hoped at all. Nicole wisely reminded me that from every crappy thing life has ever done to any of us, we tend to either find (1) laughter (later, sometimes MUCH later) or (2) valuable life lessons. Smart girl.
So, what did we learn yesterday?
1. Banks see you as numbers, not people with unique circumstances.
2. Sometimes laughing, even when you don't feel like it, helps.
3. Nothing makes challenges easier than the love of your family.
4. My children are amazingly generous souls.
5. If you hang tough and tight together, you can get past almost anything.
Thanks for the reminders, life. Lessons learned.