Followers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Updating

Well, this has not been fun.
I've had three rounds of fevers now, hitting 102 plus and you know what, it's tiring.
Last night I was able to actually lie down, which felt great. I only slept a few hours though before I woke and something was just "wrong". I had the worst headache of my life, was nauseous and just felt "wrong". It was kinda scary. J. sat up with me for about an hour on the couch while I forced myself to drink water . . . I suspect dehydration was a big part of this. I then slept off and on the rest of the night. Today, I just feel exhausted. I get to take a shower, which I know will feel wonderful. I HAVE to work tomorrow--this is my last day off, so I need to feel better faster, damn it!
My bandage is coming off today so I can wow my children with my incision and stitches. :) I am sure they will be thoroughly impressed.
So, keep sending good thoughts. I really need to get through this and it is taking far more from me than I had anticipated. Gee, maybe I"m getting older than I thought. . .

3 comments:

Melanie Dane Mom said...

Sending you lots of positive thoughts across the ether and air waves.

Unknown said...

Are you keeping in touch with your doctor? The fevers aren't generally good after surgery. I am concerned. Will definitely be praying for you. Hope that you get a good night's sleep tonight.

WritingGoddess said...

thanks for worrying, my friends. Yes, I have been in contact with the doctor. Apparently fevers are not that unusual after surgery. Since there aren't any indications of infection at the incision site, all is well.