Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Down to the Wire and It's a SHARP One

Apparently I've done something to piss off karma . . . . although what is is, I have no idea.

As if this week isn't hard enough with Nicole leaving tomorrow, we have had increasing vehicle issues such that this morning J said he doesn't trust EITHER the VW bus OR the van to make the 600 mile trip to Bellingham and back tomorrow. EEEEK. Money is very, very, very tight right now and I had no idea what to do. Made some quick calls and finally rented a vehicle for a decent price that will (barely) fit all of us. Normally we wouldn't all have to go, but hey, this is an important moment and we all need to be there.

Then, last night, I was informed that a computer virus had gotten through my anti virus software and infected the upstairs computer. As of now, 14 hours later, I still have no files up there and cannot figure out how to repair it. This is a disaster of pretty monumental proportions since almost every project I work on is saved to that hard drive. Coryn has been valiantly trying to figure it out but so far, no luck. Since finances are tight, we have no budget at all right now for calling our usual computer tech guy (and damn, Nicole isn't dating the guy who also helped us), so not sure sure what we will do there yet. Can't go without my computer as it is my livelihood.

All of this in the same week as taxes? Now, that just seems a tad unfair.

I humbly apologize karma. Please forgive me and make these next days a little easier. Not sure I can cope with many more complications.


1 comment:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

::::hugs::::

They (whoever they are) aren't joking when they say, "When it rains, it pours!" Sorry you're having such a rough week.

Hope things settle down soon.