Followers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Travel Plans

Just the other day I was talking about how I rarely got the chance to travel anymore and I sorta, kinda, sometimes missed it.
Apparently the universe was listening. (It seems to do that when I am not trying to get it to . . . . )
So, tomorrow Nicole and I head out for two days in Seattle. She has a job interview to go to that she is very excited about and I am tagging along just to relax and have fun. I love the hostel there. The rooms are pretty barren if you are used to hotels (simple beds, bathroom down the hall, no TV, etc.), but there is this great common room where you can hang out, watch TV, make food and meet people. Last time we were there I picked out a corner table, pulled out piles of stationery and pens and wrote letters. I plan to do the same this time, although will keep a few books close by for reading breaks. If my eyes hold up, we will be all set.
Then, as if that trip wasn't enough, I have been asked to travel for my job for the first time in years. I have been hired for a new job and am being flown to Texas for a three day training session. The pay is decent and I get to stay in a fancy-schmancy hotel for four nights. I will miss my family, of course, but I am excited to go where the sun shines and to hang out with other writers for a while.
So universe, if you are listening, I might have a few other requests like . . . help my daughter get the job, make the new doctor's visit go well for someone, make someone else have a clean bill of health biopsy results, and oh, unexpected chocolate works well too.

No comments: