Followers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Not Enough Hours in the Day

A few people (I won't mention exact names) have mentioned that I haven't posted for a while, so I am going to post quickly and then get my very sore, worn down, painful nose back to that vicious, razor-sharp grindstone.

All is well . . . I am just absolutely swamped and buried under work. Deadlines are daily and I am working from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day, with the only time off being pee breaks, one coffee run, and a meal (only one--I eat the rest at my desk). I am grateful, of course. I am lucky and blessed to be busy and employed, but there are moments where I would trade it all for a day just to read, write letters, and nap.

So, I will keep writing, typing, researching, interviewing, attending phone conferences, writing, studying, learning, and yea, writing, and eventually, I will catch up. Then, I plan to curl up on the couch and be a lazy bum for at least 24 hours.

In the meantime, I miss my girl more with each passing day. She is adapting to her new home away from home--not an easy task so far away, getting to know new people, living in very close quarters, and dealing with huge lizards, huge spiders, huge snakes, and curious "chooks" (i.e. chickens). We are learning the Aussie language by Skype. Nicole has been gone for two weeks, although it feels much longer. Anyone who knows us knows that we go way beyond mother and daughter. We are best friends and we confer, commiserate, celebrate, and communicate about EVERYTHING. We just have to do it from 7500 miles apart. Sigh.

Okay, back to meeting deadlines and reducing that to do list before the next day arrives, and it fills up again. Wish me luck. And if you have some extra hours, could you send them over? Thanks!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Any extra hours I have are yours. No wait. . .I'll have to find them first.

Hang in there, dearie!!

Love you!