Followers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Showdown at the Hospital

Well, we didn't walk in with guns drawn but we did walk in armed. I had every possible financial paper I could think of in my folder and I was armed with anger, impatience and frustration cleverly cloaked in friendly chatter, a charming smile and an eagerness to please.

They weren't thrilled we were there . . . but we got in quickly and the lady we worked with was quite sweet. I had all the papers they needed. I came up with the rest of the numbers they required. She promised me that I would have an "answer" within 5 to 7 working days. Once I have that answer, I can schedule my appointment. I promised her chocolate and flowers if she put me on the top of her list and expedited my application. She chuckled.

So, did I get the ultimate prize--a surgery date? No. But I made more progress in 30 minutes than I have in the last three months and I see a definite light at the end of the tunnel. So, I'm feeling pleased and able to hold on until the outside date of the 22nd. Of course, if nothing has come through by then, I will be back in their offices clearly without the chatter and the smile.

Keep thinking good thoughts for me, peeps.

No comments: