Followers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This Little Toe went to the doctor . . .

Well, the ingrown and infected toe nail is gone.
So is much of the toe nail itself.
Ouch.
Seven shots of novacaine. Scalpels. Digging into nail beds. My body told me it didn't hurt because I was numb but my eyes kept looking and saying you should be screaming in agony. It was an odd experience. A little disconcerting.
The toe is now a bit tender, of course. It didn't help that tonight I went to a wedding and danced a few songs. Came home limping.
Cried a lot at the wedding. Ridiculous, I know. So many thoughts going through my head though. Not being present at my oldest daughter's wedding and wishing so much that I could have been. Thinking about Nicole getting married in the next 5 years or so and wondering who will my new son in law. Crying at the thought of her going away because I have so much fun with her.
Thinking about watching my sons marry and hoping that I like my daughters in law.
Most of all, missing my parents. Remembering my father walking me down the aisle and dancing with me at the reception. Remembering my mom helping me get ready and the hug I gave her as soon as I saw her afterwards. Listening to tearjerking songs like "Butterfly Kisses" and "It's a Wonderful World". If they had played "Sunrise, Sunset", I am sure I would have been a puddle on the floor.
Danced to "Unchained Melody" with the hubby and was choked up enough until I looked over to see Caspian dancing with Nicole. Cue the waterworks.
So a good night, albeit an emotional one. Toe hurts like hell. Going to bed gratefully. Wishing the newlyweds as much love and laughter in their lives as Joseph and I have found in ours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tami, it's Ute. :) So glad to be visiting your blog and reading a bit about you. :) I'm a big cry baby, by the way. I'm a faucet when my son does something really sweet for my daughter. Makes me want to hug him and never let go. :)

Come and visit my blog if you'd like.