Followers

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Light . . . . . .

Look! See that???
That glimmer in the distance? S L O W L Y growing brighter?
That would be the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.
Meaning . . . I might be, sometime soon, perhaps, just maybe getting closer to being caught up.
Of course, I am still behind four books, but it WAS EIGHT books, so a definite improvement. And I have several new companies that will kick in with work in January but right now that is forever away.
Of course, NO WORK for several days would be my number one Christmas wish anyway. I just want to sit back and relax and enjoy having my children here. I will deeply miss the people not sitting here, of course. Years later I miss the sound of my parents' voices on the phone. I always, always miss the sound of our oldest daughter's voice and hope she knows somewhere, somehow, in her heart or mind, or both, that she is loved and missed. I miss the slow southern drawl of my Texan friend who died a year ago. But, oh the golden sound of my kids laughing and talking, my husband's hand in mine, AND no work. Wowza.

1 comment:

Bev said...

So glad things are catching up.

I'm with you on that last paragraph. Missing the voices that were here in years gone by. And enjoying the laughter of family together. We're going to Chicago for Christmas!! Small apartment-lots of family closeness.

:D:D