Followers

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Overworked Woman in Gresham, Film at 11

I know, know, know how many people there are out there right now struggling to find work. I have been there, done that, and no t-shirt. It just sucks.
But right now, I have more work than I can handle and I am being hired by new companies left and right. Which is wonderful. Really. It is. But there are signs that I am getting overworked . . . I have nightmares, wake in the night shaking, wake up feeling nauseous, and can't let go at night when I crawl into bed. These are not good.
Last night, when going into a semi meltdown over something due and a site not allowing me access so I could finish it, my sweet oldest son came out and asked me to close my eyes and hold out my hands. (I don't do that for just anyone, ya know.) I did and in them he placed a kaleidoscope that I had raved about in Seattle. I have always loved kaleidoscopes and this is a truly gorgeous and unique one. We had all looked through it and oooohed and aaaaahed. Unbeknownst to me, while Nicole and I strolled on down the road, he went back and bought it for me.
I now keep it tucked in my front desk drawer. When feeling too stressed, I pull it out and sit back and watch it for a few minutes. It rests my eyes and my brain and it fills my heart--all at the same time.

2 comments:

Ami said...

That is a sweet and kind thing to do for anyone... but double so to do for your mom!

Awww.

Bev said...

I knew he was a great kid!! Anyone who can connect with Gary has the seeds of greatness in them. Now, see what he has done-proved those seeds are the real thing. :D:D

Love, love, loving you! I am having to slow down and live differently also. My body is showing signs of not dealing well with stress. For me it's not that I do too much, it's how I do it. I drive my self. My body has told me in no uncertain ways that it will not be driven anymore. Not any nasty ways, but I know what it is saying nonetheless. Praying for you, Sweetie. Enjoy Caspian's gift of a safe place to go to rest.