Followers

Friday, March 27, 2015

Twitching in Portland

My alarm clock this morning was a charlie horse--again. I am pretty sure if there was a contest for the most charlie horses in a given amount of time, I would win. You'd think I would get used to them, but no. Each time, it is like someone poured acid down my leg.

And who knew you could have the same kind of spasm in your ankle? It's true! I get that one in the other leg 3-4 times a night. It raises the outside of your leg up so that when you put your foot on the floor, one side isn't touching. You have to push down (accompanied by a great deal of swearing, of course) to get it to release.  Same thing when it hits the big toes.

After this morning's wake up call, I laid back down in bed for a moment and it felt like someone had a pair of drumsticks and they were lightly playing a rousing march on the back of my legs. It was the muscles twitching, twitching. I counted 40 before it stopped. Strangest experience!

I am 4 1/2 hours from seeing the doctor for the final report and then, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, we will get the ball rolling on insurance so I can have this surgery soon. I make jokes about the legs, the cramps, the back pain, the spasms, and do my best to stay in a decent mood, but I'm running out of coping skills. (I can tell because if something else happens, like one of the kids is in trouble, or work doesn't go right, I FALL APART. Living on the edge, baby.)

So cross your fingers, say a prayer, use your intuition, whatever you do that sends out a difference in the world and hope that today is the last day of waiting for answers. After today, let me move on to solutions. Cuz I'm tired of twitching.

2 comments:

KonaTammy said...

I'm doing the chicken dance for you. It's not pretty, but I think it has healing qualities.

Oh, and you do know that if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

All kidding aside, I do sincerely hope you find answers today, my friend. Sending love and hugs.

KonaTammy said...

GRRR...TOO much, not "to". It was a typo. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.