Followers

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 4 of No Chewing

I've been asked by a couple of friends how the juice fast is going, so here is an update.

Today is the fourth day.
I am down almost 9 lbs. so far.
My blood pressure has dropped to roughly 135/90 which is NORMAL.
I am sleeping WAY better.
I am overall feeling less body pain--you know, the achey back, the headache, etc.
I am rarely hungry anymore--usually only when Joseph is making food for the kids and I smell it. I tend to go outside or upstairs then.
I miss mealtimes. That is when we would all gather and chat. Now the boys eat alone and that bothers me.
Next question--how long am I going to do this? I don't honestly know. Joseph hits two weeks tomorrow. I admire him. He has willpower enough for ten. He just makes a mental decision and it works for him. I, on the other hand, go through emotional crap now and then . The idiot reads cookbooks now for fun (sublimation?) and I don't even want to look at them, let alone the best recipes he has found.
Ideally, yea, I would do this for some weeks until I got my weight to a place where I felt I could start to eat again but very carefully to maintain weight loss. It is fun to get on the scales and have lost 2 lounds since the previous morning. It is what keeps this going for me.

As for the rest of life, it's going ok. Lots and lots and lots of work and as many hours as I put in, I never seem to be able to catch up. The latter part of this month is starting to stretch out nicely though, so I am hoping I might have some days off to just hang with the family and nothing else.

I've been missing my mom more lately. I still dream about her 5 nights out of 7. She is always chatting with me and we are laughing and while I appreciate those visits, it makes waking up a little sadder. Yesterday, I called and cancelled her QVC account--this woman loved QVC more than anyone I know. It made me cry. I had sent her a gift certificate for Christmas and she hadn't had time to use it before she went to the hospital. It's mine now and it feels strange to have it back.

Enough for now. Check in again soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sending you love. Enjoy your dreams. It really sounds like your true relationship. That is how she would want to be remembered.

Bev