Followers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One Reason I'm Getting Gray

I'd like to briefly explain my morning to you--only one hour, mind you--which will explain in many ways why I am getting gray and I desperately need a vacation.

I was awakened at 9:13 a.m. (I'd been up til 3 the night before) to do an interview with a reporter from a Bend, Oregon newspaper on unschooling. Yup, sound brilliant and witty three seconds after opening your eyes.

Finished that, came downstairs and looked at my email. 24 messages so far. About 15 were about work.

The first two were yelling at me in formal tones (that goodness our world doesn't have howlers!!) because I had turned in an assignment at midnight MY time instead of midnight THEIR time. Now, it's not like they were AT work waiting for these to come in. My work was accepted but with a warning to be ON TIME next time.

Then I had to quickly re-submit a chart to an editor who needed it ASAP. So I looked it up and shot it off to him.

Then I had to approve a chart an editor is adding to one of my books. Okayed and returned.

Then I had to write to another editor and apologize for being late on something. Apparently 12 to 14 hours a day working is not enough for me to keep up.

Then I got a call from another editor explaining that work has been delayed a week or so--great news in my opinion because I don't have to think about it for a while. I also had sent her the wrong invoice for work already done and so had to re-email the right one.

I haven't been up 45 minutes at this point.

Now, I am sitting here and looking at my to do list and already feeling tired. I have two books to write the back matter for, then I have an entire SAT English test to write (60 questions, 2 essays) and turn in today. Then I have a book due tomorrow that I haven't started.

Is it vacation yet?

No comments: